Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm Back...."again!"

It's been a while. I have been doing youtube videos instead of blogging, which is the reason I've been on a sabbatical (not really) from this. A lot has changed in my life. All for the good. I believe that I've experienced so many up and downs in my late teens and early 20s that I've devised a way to steer clear of BS and developed a heighten sense of cautiousness when dealing people and situations. I take great pride in trying new things. I think I've always been like this; the one to try new things. I has gotten me into binds and it has also been rewarding. I was talking to my mother one day and I asked her, "was I independent as a child?"She replied, "yes" "you were pretty independent as a child." I always sort of questioned how did I become so independent minded as an overall individual. Perhaps, it was my military training, I thought, but then again I knew a lot of weak minded people in the military. I still carry this around with me. I mean, I'm not prideful....I will ask for help in a New York minute, but life in general, I believe requires a high level of intestinal fortitude. I do believe there is a time and place to be somewhat submissive and humble yourself. On the other hand, I believe one should stand stout in times of adversity and face it head on. Again, I've been through so much crap to the point that I've learned that bad news only gets worse with time and your attempt to dodge or pretend that a problem isn't there will only hurt you in the long run. Dodging also demonstrates an individuals immature approach to life. I've been labeled as a pessimist and very cynical. I would agree. I like to call myself a realist, but I welcome those characteristics of my personality as well. I believe things in life just happen for no apparent reason. I never really believed in the idea "things happen for a reason", and I definitely never believed in the idea that a magical figure in the skies is orchestrating the outcomes in my life. I believe YOU are responsible for all your success and failures. Yes, there are those that provide assistance and there are the occasional "haters" that may thwart your success, but overall it is YOU that should take the credit for your success and failures. I happen to believe that this will allow you to be more accountable and observant in how approach life's curve balls. No devil to blame and no heavenly figure to blame as well...ONLY YOU.

No comments: